What is a discount store?
This post may contain affiliate links. I may receive a small commission if you purchase through my link, with no cost to you.
Welcome to my list of 10 popular discount stores. Anyone who knows me, knows that I love a good bargain. I almost never pay full price for anything. Whether it be clothing, food or whatever it is that I need at the time.
While some stores have the occasional sale, there are also others that are known to have the ‘lowest prices’. These are what I call discount stores.
Below is a list of just 10 of some of the most popular discount stores.
10 Popular Discount Stores
1. Walmart – Of course one of the most well known stores in North America to find discount prices on everything you might need. Walmart not only has great sales every week but they also have super low every day prices on every type of item in store.
2. Dollar Tree – One of my favourite stores in the world. I’m a frugal person. Some may say cheap, but Dollar Tree is heaven for me. There have been so many times I have gone in with the plan to just pick up one or two things that I need and end up leaving the store with 3 or 4 bags full of other things I never knew I needed. At prices fixed at $1, you can’t go wrong.
3. Target – Although their attempt to open stores in Canada didn’t go so well, Target is still one of the best places to find great discounts on tons of every day items. Another benefit is being from Canada, there are many things at Target that we can’t find here. It is one of the best places to do cross border shopping.
4. Value Village – A great spot to look for highly discounted, gently used clothing, accessories, home items and more. With no online shopping option, you will have to visit one of the many stores that they have to find the great deals.
5. Romwe.com – An online only option. Romwe.com has a huge selection of fashion and accessories at super discounted prices. Trendy and modern fashions without paying name brand pricing. Some items and sizing can be a hit or miss but for the price and the easy return policy for clothing, it’s worth trying out.
6. Rosegal.com – Another online only option. This is one of my favourite sites to shop for fashion. It has very unique, fashionable and trendy items at fantastic prices. And the selection available for plus size is amazing.
7. Marshalls – Owned by the TJX Company, Marshalls has over 1000 stores in North Amercia. With below retail pricing on apparel and footwear, this is a great place to find those name brands without the high sticker prices. Just be prepared for some shopping as with most discount stores like these, you really have to hunt for that special item.
8. Winners – This is the Canadian version of Marshalls. Owned by the same TJX Company, there are over 300 stores accross Canada. Brand name clothing, footwear, furniture, jewelry, and more at less than retail prices.
9. Costco – A membership only warehouse style chain that offers great discounts on items bought in larger quantities. You may spend more than you’d like to in one visit, but over time the discounts pay off.
10. K-Mart – Very similar to Target and Walmart in regards to the items offered. And again, on top of the every day deals there are some great sales to take advantage of.
Well, that’s it. My small list of 10 popular discount stores. Let me know in the comments below if you think I’ve missed one or if you have any opinions on the ones I’ve mentioned.
Also, please subscribe to my newsletter to stay updated on new posts and stories.